Parks - Part I

 

Pioneer Essi made it to Mt. Rushmore

We are so excited to have the opportunity to see so many National Parks and National Monuments firsthand. Some visits are renewing memories and others are making new memories.  We hope to have many posts with images of our national treasures: Parks Part II, Part V, even Part X.  

Please know that we are in awe of what we are seeing, and so deeply appreciative of a nation that places such a high priority on the preservation and maintenance of such land treasures.  I stand and breathe and I am filled with such peace and wonder.  

I won't say much about each park.  I'm not sharing travel tips, or pretending to be an expert.  I hope the pictures speak for themselves.

 

Badlands National Park  


Big Horn Sheep in the Badlands



Another aspect of the Badlands


What fun exploring the Black Hills


Wind Cave National Park


So many prairie dogs - some were having morning meetings.  Fun.


Our first buffalo of the trip.  I LOVE buffalo.


Mt. Rushmore National Monument


Crazy Horse Memorial - construction continues.


Comments

  1. Yeah!!! We're so glad you are on your way! And I happened to see your first post today! 👏 We send our love and prayers for safe travels, happiness and amazing scenery and memories ... oh, and cheap(er) gas prices! 🙄😳🥰

    ReplyDelete
  2. And to reference the Ken Burns documentary covering the history of our national parks ... "America's best idea"! I couldn't agree more!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment