Hi, I'm Essi

 

๐ŸŽต  Happy birth day to me.....  ๐ŸŽต

 

Essi posing on the studio porch

Hello!   After a long time spent in someone's head... (ahem, Marsha), I finally exist in three-dimensional form.  Whew.  Happy birth day to me!  It's hard to meet people when you're a cartoon character that only appears once in a while in Bible-or-other journaling sketches.  I was originally an alter-ego for Marsha, expressing a new understanding and visualization of important biblical truths.  She called me her Godgirl.  I like that.  Godgirl.  Sadly, I only showed up when the pages of the journal or journaling Bible were opened.  

The original Godgirl illustrations.  Her head kept changing...


Then, piece by piece, an idea emerged.  How fun to have a Godgirl to touch!  To take along on our daily rambles.  To share in grand journeys.  To just hang around while we do our chores.  Really.  Fun.  Marsha decided to knit me because God knits us all together.  She thought I'd be a good reminder of that.

               For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
               But here I am, at long last. Psalm 139.13 NIV

Did you ever do the Flat Stanley activity in elementary school?  Where you drew your Flat Stanley, then sent him off to someone in another place, then the person sent him back with a report of his visit?  You were probably given an opportunity to share his adventures with your class.  I'm kind of a fluffed-out, grown-up version of that. 

Sometimes I'll take you along on my own great adventures.  I know I'll have them.  Other times we'll just reflect on thoughts, dreams, scripture, ideas, prayers, that kind of thing.  Some days are just about weeding and doing laundry, vacuuming and dusting and mowing the lawn.  That's life, too.  I think we'll find our voice as we go along.

Thank you so much for stopping by and celebrating my birth day with me.  I'm looking forward to this season of my life. 


Comments